Monday, March 12, 2012

pick your hose, not your nose

Another gorgeous day! I am so torn between being completely elated with the weather, being super bummed about what this means for sugaring season, and spinning in circles trying to keep myself from starting too many seedlings NOW. (It is really too early on the calendar, starting some things now would mean certain death because I might not get them into the ground. The danger of frost is too great)
All of this sunshine and heat means draggin' hose all over the place to keep the high tunnel watered. Literally hundreds of feet of hose get dragged from the school - where there is a frost-free hydrant; across the road - where cars slowly and carefully drive OVER the hose; through one of the fields - muddy with recent snow melt; to the high tunnel. Lather, rinse, repeat every other day. I truly do LOVE what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment