Tuesday, April 5, 2011

From Beneath the Snow

Although the past few days have brought a wintry mess of snow, sleet, and rain: I have been able to witness snow melt... turns out there is a farm under all that white stuff!
I went on a little walk-about last week to explore a bit, see how the earth slopes, how water drains, find what goodies there were left in the fall. 
I did find a couple of treasures - cover crop is present, nice work, Brady! and it looks like someone must have known I was coming... in need of any manure I can get my hands on, I was so pleased to find some horse poo already in the field, waiting for me!

1 comment:

  1. Wait until you have big ol' horse prints from those horses.....or even better....wait until they are huffin and puffin right at your HUGE glass door in the middle of the night. Ah, the magic!

    ReplyDelete