Sunday, February 13, 2011

chocolate. cookies. yum.

I wanted to make cookies last night, but I didn't have enough butter (okay, so I had enough, I just didn't want to dump it all into a batch of cookies). Also, I bought a jar of Blackstrap molasses last week and I really wanted to put it to good use... so I searched the vast interweb and found these.
I tweaked the recipe a bit, based on what I had in the kitchen and how much sugar I was really willing to invest, so I will break it down for you my way here:




2 1/4 cu. of flour (I used 1 cu. whole wheat, 1 1/4 cu. unbleached white)

2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp of sea salt
1/2 cu. of raw sugar
2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cu. of maple syrup
1/3 cu. of black strap molasses
1/3 cu. of coconut oil
2/3 cu. of semi-sweet chocolate chips

preheat oven to 350

mix dry ingredients in a big bowl

mix wet ingredients in a smaller bowl... whisk

pour the wet stuff into the dry stuff bowl... mix!

form into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet with at least 1" between each ball

bake 11 minutes and take out to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment